Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Photobooth for fundraiser at MSD

Photobooth is still work in progress,but I thought this was worth posting in case someone ever needs to make a quick controller.

 

Basically, I took an old xbox controller (actually it was an xbox dance pad) cut the plug off and hackishly soldered a USB plug to it.

(Pretty much color to color ignoring an extra yellow cable used by xbox to feed the rumblers)

I Put the stripped board inside a project enclosure from Radioshack (~ 7 US Dollars)

Soldered connectors to where the pad "buttons" would have been and connected them to some arcade buttons I had left over from another project.

Linux already includes the driver for xbox joysticks, so all there was left was to test the device.

Using 'hexdump /dev/input/js0' I was able to verify it was working fine :D

 

Damn I suck at soldering!

Green = Start , Blue = Select between B&W, Sepia, Color

Posted via email from devmod's posterous

No comments: